Here is a short exhortation on the catch phrase ‘shake loose’ …. What does it mean? What does God say about it? Can anyone benefit with the ‘shake loose’ concept? NO! It is false in nature belched out of the mouths of false apostles, the enemies of the cross of Christ, the workers of iniquity, or those ignorant in unbelief. The objective of this exhortation is to offer freedom and victory to the unsuspected from the ‘shake loose’ concept by the impartation of God’s word.
Let’s do this….
In the Spirit, one cannot ‘shake loose’ anything not ordained by God—just as Samson could not shake himself loose when the Philistines bound him in Delialah’s room, took him to prison and put out his eyes. Why? His Disobedience. He surrendered classified information to her about the source of his strength and it resulted in the locks of his hair shaven (Judges 16:16-20).
“And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the LORD was departed from him.”
In this passage, the concept of ‘shake myself’ is through the idea of the rustling of mane, which usually accompanies the lion’s roar (without the bite). With that said, the root of ‘shake myself’ is to growl, i.e., to complain angrily; to express dissatisfaction, pain, or resentment usually tiresomely; to whimper or whine.
So check this out! Many in Christendom have used the false concept of ‘shake loose’ unaware of its powerlessness. Hmmm! That sounds like the workings of the angel of light and his false apostles (2 Corinthians 11:13). Even though some may attest to its success its underlying existence dwells among false prophets (Deuteronomy 13:1-3).
Now, where’s the fun in that? NOWHERE!!!
And, where’s the power of God in shake myself? THERE IS NONE!!!
Shake Loose or Be Loosed—
Another thing we learned is, the Lord Jesus did not tell the woman (who was sick for eighteen years and could not lift up herself) to ‘shake loose’ from her infirmity. He said, “Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity.” (Luke 13:12). The word ‘loosed’ means, to free fully, i.e., (literally) to relieve. JESUS ‘relieved’ the woman from the bondage of her infirmity.
In Zodhiates, evil spirits (or demons) can cause such bodily weaknesses. In the following passages, the women probably suffered physical results of a spiritual or attitudinal cause, such a disease is psychosomatic as we say today … (but is actually demonic):
- (Luke 8:1-3) And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him, And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod’s steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance.
- (Luke 13:10-13) And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.
These women were relieved from their maladies and demonic possessions BY THE POWER OF GOD. If you take notice, neither one of them attempted to ‘shake loose’, but relied upon the Lord Jesus to command her infirmities and sicknesses to end.
Today, the operation of the Spirit of God includes not only His strength made perfect in our weaknesses but also full recovery from sicknesses “…That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.”
—2 Corinthians 12:9; Matthew 8:17; Isaiah 53:4
Therefore, if you are guilty of the ‘shake loose’ concept … how about doing this?
- believeth on the Lord Jesus;
- know the truth;
- be made free;
- be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
- walk in newness of life….
…be loosed by God’s word and power (and not try to be loosed by your own imagination or some other source).
Who is really edified by the ‘shake loose’ concept? NO ONE! Who is glorified? FLESH! How can ‘shake loose’ comfort the brethren? IT CAN’T! And, from what is the person loosed, exactly? Noise from the inner whining of a deceived soul.
- ‘shake loose’ disobedience.
- ‘shake loose’ lusts.
- ‘shake loose’ a deaf ear from hearing the truth.
- ‘shake loose’ secret faults.
…these things and much more has God ordained and empowered us not to shake loose but to be freed and victorious over in every sense of the word!
We Have Learned
- to strive and walk obediently to lead a quiet and peaceable life;
- to strive and make no provision for the flesh to fulfill the lusts thereof;
- to pray to God to give us ears to hear;
- to pray God waken our ears to hear as the learned (disciples);
- to deny ourselves, take up our cross (daily), and literally follow Jesus;
- to pray God cleanse us from secret faults;
- to pray God give us a clean heart and a right spirit;
- to strive to have a pure heart to rightly perceive Him;
- we are more than conquerors to Him who created, loved AND called us out of darkness into His marvelous light.
Please, do away with the play church features AND by all means stop with the churchy fantacisms. But, strive to be the Church of the Living God alive unto Him. You know what I’m talking about—be as one alive from the dead … freed from sin (Romans 6), not as one dead because of sin; be one who suffers in the flesh because you ceased from the practice of sin, and will no longer live the rest of your time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God (1 Peter 4:1-2).
Tell you what … ‘shake loose’ the traditions, doctrines, commandments, and superstitions of men! NOW THAT’S ORDAINED BY GOD TO SHAKE LOOSE!!!
If guilty, now is the time to repent; receive the word of truth unto OBEDIENCE. But to refuse is to be like the simple who pass on … and is punished (Proverbs 22:3; 27:12) … with this effect the potential to be loosed by God decreases as the likelihood to be holden with the cords of your sins, and to die without instruction increases (Proverbs 5:22-23).
If you are able to receive this, then receive it.
In Christ We Do Remain
Click to visit my Facebook Page