“I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.”
— 1 Corinthians 3:6-8
Hello, Friends. The Lord is moving on me about one main focus and function of ministry — to preach to the lost and found sheep. We may not know who they are, or where they are. But, we do know how to plant and/or water the seed, which is the word of God, to the ears of the hearers in hope they receive His word, and bring forth much good fruit to glorify Him — and be His disciples.
According to the scripture above, the words “planted” and “planteth” are used figuratively meaning, to instill doctrine …and… “watered” and “watereth” means to irrigate, or in other words, to cleanse. God gives the increase to those who believe, receive, keep, and love His doctrine …and… to those who are chastened by Him to be partakers of His holiness — cleansed from sin and error. God’s preacher delivers the word and doctrine to cleanse us so that we may bring forth much good fruit to glorify Him, and again to be His disciples.
Whoso believeth on the Lord Jesus and is baptized shall be saved … but those who believeth not on Him … He said, they are condemned already (John 3:18; Mark 16:16).
This word from the Lord brought tears to my eyes and my heart was sorrowful for the sake of the sheep. O, bless the Lord that they may be found and made free by His word. We pray the word of God will have free course and be glorified by those who labor in the word and doctrine to present to His sheep so that they may be rooted and built up in Him, and stablished in the faith (Colossians 2:7; 2 Thessalonians 3:1; 1 Timothy 5:17).
Consider the following on plant and water:
- (1 Corinthians 3:9-10) For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
- (Matthew 9:37-38) Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
- (Mark 16:20) And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
- (Psalm 92:13-15) Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.
- (Psalm 127:1) A Song of degrees for Solomon. Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
- (Isaiah 55:10-11) For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Many on social media, posts the corrupt seeds of stumblingblocks which emboldens a great number of their readers … God’s word is not confirmed; there is no comfort (or water to make the reader clean because there is no word of God in the posts); they were not sent by God to deliver their self-centered and polluted posts; their words keep those who might believe on the Lord Jesus of a truth as far away from the gospel as possible … even though they think their words (and works) are from (and unto) the Lord. They do not realize that their words come from the one who has transformed himself into an angel of light to deceive those who perish (2 Corinthians 11:14-15; 2 Thessalonians 2:7-10).
But, the word of God is able to make us wise unto salvation, which is in Christ Jesus. The words of the social media writers who do not know God according to the scriptures are but poison — the profane and vain babblings of their own so-called not-appointed-by-God-to-do-ministry, posts (2 Timothy 2:16).
Would you allow a middle school student to perform major surgery on your body? No! You already know that you will be worse off or dead if they operated. Now, what’s worse than that is a preacher with another gospel. Why? Glad you asked. They will cause readers who believe their posts to be removed (or to change sides) from the grace of God to their accursed words of another gospel.
Let us read and consider what Paul wrote in Galatians 1:6-10, “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.”
Folks, please wise up—repent and believe the gospel. We beg you, by the mercies (and in the name) of Jesus Christ the Savior of the world, (especially to those who believeth on Him unto eternal life), don’t be fooled to think that you can serve God your own way and still be with Him in His kingdom forever … hell is enlarged without measure for these people (Isaiah 5:13-14). Don’t be one of them …and… don’t find yourself in hell lifting up your eyes—it will be too late to repent!
Friends, please make sure that the word planted and watered in your heart is from the pastor (or preacher) God gave you according to His heart—He will give you an increase of His wisdom, knowledge, understanding, and holiness so that you may have life eternal in Him.
Let us strive to have an honest and good heart to receive the planted and watered word of truth to escape all other gospels, and Jesus Christ who maketh intercession for us will save us to the uttermost.
He/She who hath an ear to hear, let them hear.
In Christ We Do Remain
Click to visit my Facebook Page