If no one is perfect then why did God say in:
- (Matthew 5:48) Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
- (Genesis 17:1) And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
- (Deuteronomy 18:13) Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.
- (Job 1:1) There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
- (Psalm 37:37) Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
- (Luke 6:40) The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.
- (2 Corinthians 7:1) Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
- (2 Corinthians 13:8-9) For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth. For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.
- (2 Corinthians 13:11) Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
- (Philippians 3:15) Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
- (Colossians 1:28) …Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus…
- (James 1:2-4) My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
And these scriptures only crack the surface….
Oh, and by the way, those who think the Bible is man-made need to know that, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be PERFECT, throughly furnished unto all good works.” — 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Here’s that word perfect again….
Folks need to STOP calling God a liar!!! The lake of fire and brimstone was created by Him to receive ALL LIARS!!! Every person in opposition to what God said in His written and spoken word say in themselves (and to others) that they want no part of Him. Well, that’s one reason why the lake of fire and brimstone was created. Believe what God said and live … or believe not and die in your sins.
Jesus said in John 8:24, “I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”
Consider what else Jesus said:
- (John 3:18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- (John 3:36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
- (Mark 16:16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
- (Acts 4:12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
- (1 Timothy 3:16) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
- (Hebrews 12:25) See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven…
Have you ever noticed or realized that those who call others a liar indirectly as part of opposing the truth of a matter are, generally speaking, liars themselves? Think about. When the truth is laid out before your face … what do you do about it?! The condition of your heart will answer the question whether you know it or not.
If, after reading the aforementioned scriptures, you find out and confess that you are guilty of saying (and believing) that no one is perfect through ignorance in unbelief, repent. God is extremely compassionate and of tender mercy. Here’s what God said through another one of His inspired writers, “And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent…” — Acts 17:30
Again, believe what God said and live …or… die in unbelief!
According to the scriptures, the word “perfect” refers to our “aim” and “focus” — in the Old Testament “perfect” also means, “to be friendly toward” someone as in having a perfect heart toward God.
Consider the following references:
- (1 Kings 8:61) Let your heart therefore be perfect with the LORD our God, to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day.
- (1 Chronicles 28:9) And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.
- (2 Chronicles 16:9a) For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him…
- (Psalm 101:2) I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
Being perfect from God’s perspective is not hard nor grievous but gentle, easy, and light … as in Jesus’ yoke is easy, and His burden is light (Matthew 11:30). Let the truth of the matter fill your heart and mind — believing on the Lord unto salvation and eternal life with Him in His kingdom.
Final note — We Speak Wisdom to the Perfect
“Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.” — 1 Corinthians 2:6-8
Believe and obey what God said in His word—BE PERFECT … and live!
In Christ We Do Remain
Click to visit my Facebook Page